October 15, 2005 will forever be a day that I hold near and dear to my heart. Not only did I get to marry the love of my life, but I also had my favorite people surround me as I did so.
When I was asked how many bridesmaids I was having, I got mixed reactions when my answer was shared. To many people, ELEVEN bridesmaids (not to mention the eleven groomsmen to coordinate, and the four children in our wedding) simply put, was ridiculous. But personally, I could imagine it no other way. I was beyond honored for each of those girls to stand beside me and celebrate the most exciting and important time in my life thus far. The memories I have of that day are so special to me, not only because of the events that took place, but also because it was the only time all of the people I love the most were all in the same place at the same time. Something so easy to take for granted at the moment.
Not only am I thrilled to have had these girls stand beside me on my big day and so many other days!, but also to have had the honor to stand beside these girls on their "big days"! We have shared life, laughs, joys, disappointments, childhood, high school, college, boyfriends, desserts, breakups, trips, husbands and babies.
With the newest BIG DAY announcement, I personally have hit a little milestone....
ELEVEN from ELEVEN.
Each girl beside me in 2005 was footloose and fancy free, some had the joy of already becoming a wife, but at the time no one had yet began the journey that is motherhood...
MY HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED!
Now less than four years later, seven of those girls have given me beautiful examples of what it means to be a mother.
So in honor of "Baby 11" I want to celebrate some of my very favorite women and the first 11 babies I ever truly loved...even way before they were born.
Leslie
Baby # 1. Abby Hollis McElheny February 5, 2007
Shea
Baby # 2. Savannah Grace Williams July 18, 2007

Carrie
Baby # 3. Noah Christopher Jones November 16, 2007

Laura Baby # 4. Harper Elizabeth Mielke May 15, 2008
and
Baby #5. Lily Martin Mielke May 15, 2008
Alyson Baby # 6. Savanah Claire Clemons September 14, 2008
and
Baby #7. Payton Elizabeth Clemons September 14, 2008
Allison Baby # 8. Morris Jefferson Jeff February 11, 2009
.jpg)
Shea Baby # 9. Graham Henry Williams February 27, 2009
Leslie Baby # 10. Miles Roland McElheny July 19,2009
and...
Sarah Beth BABY EADY makes Baby #11! Due February 13, 2010!
That's right...from October 2005 to now we grew from ZERO babies to ELEVEN.
TWO sets of twins! SIX baby girls and FOUR baby boys!
What a joy each of them are and what a joy each of their Mamas are to me!
Ancient wisdom
4 days ago
5 comments:
Good gravy that's a lot of babies! wheew. la ooh
I love this post Laura!!! So many sweet babies to love!!!
So sweet! I don't ever wish any women togo past her due date but what a sweet Valentine's present that would be! Congrats to Sarah Beth and Michael!
wow! what a great post LJM!
Such a sweet post!
Post a Comment