Ashley and I have been friends for a lifetime....assuming a lifetime starts in fourth grade. For years and years it was almost as if anything I did, Ashley was by my side. Years have come and gone...and we now have husbands by our sides...and now sadly, Ashley and I don't get to see each other as often as I would like. I love knowing that she is just an email or a phone call away, but last Friday night I had a rare treat!
Our friend Ben was married in Australia, and was coming home for a reception. I was so looking forward to seeing Ben, meeting his new wife, and seeing old friends. BUT, I was pretty disappointed when John and I realized it would make more sense for him to stay in Montgomery than join me for the party. I called Ashley in hopes of tagging a long with she and her hubby James. Oddly enough James was unable to go to the party, so it ended up that Ashley and I would be each others dates for the night!
It made perfect sense for the two of us to go to the party together. Just like old times! I am sure many of the guests thought we had not left each other's side for over a decade! Ashley, I could not have asked for a better date Friday night. After all these years, I still so enjoy spending time with you!


0 comments:
Post a Comment