Friday, April 24, 2009

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Pants. I dread shopping for pants...maybe dread is a bit extreme, but every time I shop, SO many things ALWAYS catch my eye way before pants....the rare pants that do catch my eye always look darling in the tiny sizes on top of the pile, but as I dig and dig...and dig(phew) to get to my size they somehow lose a little charm. Those that haven't lost all of their charm after surfacing from the depth of the pile, typically never receive a second date after our first rendezvous in the dressing room...

Jeans. We all have our own relationships with jeans. relationships... and categories. dark jeans, light jeans, casual, dressy, the jeans you always reach for, the jeans you would want if you might get dirty, the jeans that feel great with flip flops, the jeans that used to fit and don't really anymore but you press on with a longer top, and lovingly folded at the very bottom of the drawer is the pair that does not fit anymore. not even a chance. can't blame the dryer...done...long gone. but for some reason you just don't want to let them go....which brings me back to digging in the piles.

It is funny to me how sizes work... a while back (okay maybe a really long while) I would reach right for my size..put it on. love it. buy it. done....then there is a time when "THEY" suddenly started making the cut a little differently (surely it is the cut!) so I justify buying JUST that pair of pants a little bit larger.. after all..the way a pair of pants fits is way more important than the number right!?!(tell yourself that!)....before you know it ALL of your pants are the dreaded size you had to buy just that once due to the way they were cut? (odd huh!?)funny how that works....then you hit THE SIZE...

the "NO MORE" SIZE

...sadly, in my case, it has not been the no more lattes, no more cheese dip, no more yummy food size in hopes of rekindling the romance with the wonderful pair at the very bottom of the drawer size. for me it is the fine then....i will buy NO MORE PANTS this size size.... with little action this really just accomplishes one thing....fewer pants

Then I think..Ga! I really need some new pants..but pants aren't fun (the cycle continues). If only pants would just appear then I wouldn't have to spend all of my money on stupid pants.

Well this time folks...it happened! They just appeared! And appeared abundantly! John's sister Alyson can no longer wear any of her pants after giving birth to twins in the fall. darn. hate it for her. SO rude of me to draw attention to this matter you think...well, rude...not the case...this Mama is MUCH too SMALL for her pre-preggers attire...therefore her larger and VERY grateful sister in law received the benefit! Never have I ever been so thankful to be in the "no more size"

Alyson THANK YOU! all of your pants are very happy in their new home! ...oh, and that pair, the ones lovingly folded in the very bottom of my drawer have your name written all over them.

1 comments:

alysonc said...

You are absolutely hilarious!!! You write so well!!! :) I am so glad my pants have a happy home....remember you might have to give them back :) Love you!!!!