Any of you who know me would know that I have never been considered a "techie" by any stretch of the word. I can not even spell the word! Daughter of one? YES! Sister of one? YES!! Married to one?? YES! YES! But, I have always enjoyed the "simpler" things of cell phones and by no means had any factor of my identity associated with the technology I have (or the car I drive for that matter! )
Unlike all Americans I do not own an ipod, a nano, a chocolate something or a blackberry...I honestly thought some sort of flip phone with a colored screen (fancy!) was enough for me. After all there are curtains and clothes and way more fun things to buy!
THIS WEEK as John and Nick gushed about the latest gadgets and new fangled boy stuff, Jurrie said "WHY would you ever even need all of that on your hip?!" and I responded "Yeah, I mean technology doesn't even impress me" (I sounded as smart as it sounded when you read that) The boys just shook their heads.....
It has been a rough week at our house for some of the "things" I count on most. I started my week with my vacuum cleaner dying. That in itself will require another post and I do not want to cry so I will not "talk" about it now. Needless to say you do not realize how much you love your vacuum until it is gone.....THEN on Monday afternoon it was absolutely gorgeous so our little family (John, Barley and me) decided to go for a walk. Barley was showing his dad a new trick where he stops quickly on his leash in a certain way where it wraps around John's legs and cuts them. After seeing this trick once, John learned his leason and moved out of the way as soon as possible....John got great at moving out of the way and my cell phone also got great at jumping out of his pocket and on to the sidewalk....
The lovely red flip phone (brought to you by Weddings by Jill) had a rough life of abuse. Dropped, kicked, lost in ginormous purses but Monday it met its match in the sidewalk and never was the same.
I accidentally left my phone at home on Wednesday. It wasn't working well but I still felt so weird with out one at all....I told Jill about the dreaded fall and she actually said her phone was having a lot of trouble too. The conversation ended with Jill saying "I hate our phones!!" I didn't say me too because it is paid for...each month...by someone who is not me or John.
Thursday I went to work. My focus was not on my phone but with dying curiosity regarding the genders of my favorite twins. I went in to my 11:00 meeting and Jill set something on the table in front of me and said "Don't say I never gave you anything" and it was this...

Maybe technology does impress me just a little.
4 comments:
You are a natural at blogging! I am glad you are finding joys in new unexpected territories. It's kindof how I feel every time I peek inside a Pottery Barn catalogue because I can still hear myself griping at you back in the day and saying "why would you EVER spend THAT much money on a bedspread!?!?" Haha. You deserve your new toy. Had a blast with you yesterday. Looking forward to you helping with the nursery. You really helped my hopes last night for decorating on a budget.
Speaking of bedspreads ....I still am in need of something. The one I got at Target just did not work out
Keep a lookout for something I might like in the colors we talked about
YAY on the new phone
Annnnndddddd....I hate you.
Good blog!
fancy! use it to call me :)
Post a Comment