Wednesday, April 27, 2011

January 16th

I've been waiting on the words to catch up with me for this next post...but I don't know that they ever will.

The one word I have is "thankful". On January 16th I took a pregnancy test. Unlike ALL the others this one said PREGNANT. The word never looked so sweet. John was at work that Sunday morning, and instead of sharing the news like I once dreamed, I called him. at work. and I think I just said
"IT DOESN'T SAY NOT"


Thrilled.

Bloodwork, lab results, progesterone, thyroid checks, bloodwork, labs...

PREGNANT

The official beginning to everything I have ever dreamed.

I've never wanted anything so badly, but had so little control. A lesson in trust. A time filled with prayer.
An amazing journey so far, and I am just THANKFUL that the lord had this journey in store for us.

8 comments:

Carrie said...

Congratulations to all three of you! Can't wait to watch the journey unfold!

HB said...

AHHHHHHH! I have been DYING for you to post this on your blog. COULD NOT be more excited for you and that sweet baby. You're in my prayers, Laura Jeff!!

Sarah said...

LAURA!! I found your blog through Alicias. I am SO happy for you!

Shea said...

Glad your back blogging! And, of course beyond ecstatic that you are pregnant!!

Susan said...

I have been waiting for this post! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Unknown said...

Rejoicing with you at what the Lord has done!!
Amazing, Laura!! What a phenomenal blessing!!

Tales of a Peanut said...

So, so, so happy for you!! So excited about you and your sweet baby! Congratulations!

littlethreadsbylala@gmail.com said...

So fun to read this on your blog! I am super excited and cant wait to find out the name so I can get monogramming!