Friday, May 21, 2010

reunited...and it feels so good!

Can I just tell y'all...I LOVED high school? ate.it.with.a.spoon.loved.it.


I have so many fond memories of great times with even greater people.

I count it a blessing that I am still proud to call these "greater people" dear friends after all these years.

As cheesy as it sounds, it is an honor to not only have dreamed life's dreams with these girls, but also have the privilege of watching so many of these dreams come true. What joy as life hands us answer after answer to the questions we wondered together as we set out on the little adventure we call life.

Over hot boxes of krispy kreme doughnuts we wondered where we would go, what we would do, what "the one" would look like and when on earth would he come to sweep us off our feet. Would have ruined all the fun if I could tell those 16 year old girls the answers, but sure would have been nice to let 16 year old me know that even your "fat" size 6 jeans will be a WAY distant memory when the hot sign goes off!

We dreamed big. We laughed a lot! We lived life full out! ...and we still do!

10 years later our high school reunion gave us another fun excuse to get together.

To kick of our reunion weekend Ashley (and her hubby James) had us over to cook out and get together. ALWAYS so much fun. In this crazy world, I'm thankful some things in life just don't change.
Catherine, me, Brett, Caroline, Ashley (we missed you Leslie!)
Caroline, Mark (Brett's hub), me, Catherine and Rocky (Caroline's hub)

The "official" reunion started with a cook out Saturday at Homewood Park. Our reunion was the same day as "We love Homewood day", so all the days' events added to our fun. So much fun to get together and see so many faces I hadn't gotten to seen in years...ten years.

Caroline, Kay, me, Leslie

Saturday night we got together again for dinner, dancing and cocktails. If you couldn't tell from this post we had a BLAST.
Mark, me, Catherine and Leslie and all the Johns

Catherine, me, Brett (and baby Parker)

me and Ashley

me, Katie, Leslie and Jemia

Cheers to the Class of 2000! Looking forward to all the blessings in the next 10 years!

0 comments: