If you ever want to feel pretty....really pretty....do the following:
1. wake up at 2:30am
2. do NOT shower or put on any makeup
3. drive for four hours in the dark
4. put on a moldy life jacket and your favorite pair of waterproof shoes
5. MOST IMPORTANTLY....do not forget the helmet!!
(my silly face sure doesn't help...but I felt that the "attire" called for something a little more than your standard smile. agreed? Christmas card '09!?!)
I must confess, typically my fondness of my attire directly correlates with the amount of fun I have. Sad I know. Bratty yes. But let's be honest...attire plays a factor in the activities in which I choose to participate...but my friends I have found the exception. Rafting! I am not a fan of shorts, lifejackets, or helmets but it was so much fun you almost forget how silly you look!
SO I carefully chose a bright yellow helmet so they could pluck me out of the rapids with ease!..this girls gotta plan ahead!
We got to the Ocoee around 8:00 in the morning, and what a beautiful morning it was! I was much more relaxed when I saw our gorgeous surroundings! Honestly the day was way more relaxing than I anticipated!
This guy is always first in line when it's time to jump off a rock or dive in to the water....
AND I think he was pretty happy his chicken wife had the rare guts to join him!

So, to say I had a few reservations about our plans to raft the Ocoee would be an understatement. BUT I must admit, once again John was right and to my surprise I had a BLAST!
We all survived! And all headed to a much deserved lunch in Chattanooga!

Ancient wisdom
4 days ago
4 comments:
laura, i laughed out loud at this post. yes, attire does correlate with how much fun you have.
i once went rafting in Colorado and had to wear a wet suit. i was a pre-teen and to say it scared me for life is an understatement. i might as well have been in my underwear i was so embarrassed of my "attire."
glad y'all had fun.
So fun!! I miss seeing you, but love reading your posts! They are so you!
I am so glad you had fun! I rafted the Ocoee two summers (three maybe?) ago and LOVED it. I had nerves about it too but at the end I surprised myself when I said, "that's it?"
I bout died on the the Ocoee....ask me about it sometime ...great story but its sure fun to raft
Post a Comment